The 6th Annual
Barn Players 6 x 10
Ten Minute Play Festival
December 13-15, 2013
Friday and Saturday 7:30pm, Sunday 2:00pm
Call For Scripts
Grab your pencils! Or laptops! The Barn Players Theater is holding its sixth annual 6x10 Play Festival on December 13-15, and we are looking for some great scripts. The Festival will produce six short plays, each roughly ten minutes in length and all by local writers. Tell us a great story in ten minutes and you'll get the chance to see your work performed on our stage.
Playwrights whose scripts are selected will be encouraged to participate in rehearsal and to work collaboratively with the director. They may modify their script as they watch it take shape on the stage.
Playwrights are also welcome to participate in Writer's Workshops to be held at The Barn Theatre on July 27, August 10, and August 24, from 10am - Noon. There is no charge to participate in the workshop sessions. Participation in workshop sessions is not required for selection, nor is participation a guarantee of selection.
- All playwrights must live within 200 miles of Kansas City.
- Scripts may not have been produced previously.
- Scripts should be easily produced in the context of a ten-minute play festival (i.e. small casts and simple sets)
- Each playwright may submit up to two (2) scripts for review.
- Scripts may be submitted electronically or through the mail.
- Electronic: send to "email@example.com"
- Mail: send TWO copies to "6x10 Festival, The Barn Players, 6219 Martway, Mission KS 66202"
- Please put your name and contact info on a separate page from the text of the script.
- Deadline for submission is August 31, 2013.
- Selections will be made and all playwrights informed by September 15, 2013.
- Scripts sent by mail will not be returned.
- No comments or feedback on the scripts will be given.
- There is no entry fee.
By submitting a script for consideration, the playwright agrees that The Barn Players may produce the script during the festival. The playwright agrees to waive any royalty for the production of the piece in the festival and relinquishes all rights to casting decisions or scenic choices.
For more information, please contact Eric Magnus, Artistic Director of The Barn Players at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Barn Players Short Play Workshops
To support the annual 6x10 Play Festival, The Barn Players will host 3 Short Play Workshops this summer for local playwrights to gather to discuss their plays and hear them read aloud. Playwrights may attend any one or all three workshops. Please bring your script to the Workshop so it can be read and discussed by other writers as well as members of the Barn Players Board.
The next workshop will be on Saturday, July 27, from 10AM to Noon. Playwrights are NOT required to attend a Workshop in order to submit a script for the Festival. Attending a Workshop does NOT guarantee that a playwright's script will be selected for production. The deadline for submissions for the 6x10 Festival is August 31, 2013.